Feb 19, 2011

Making Handcrafted Beaded Jewelry


Generally, when I make handcrafted beaded jewelry, I already have the ideas in my mind. I've got the beads, I've got the supplies, I've got the urge...but what should I create today?
So many beads, so many colors, so many options....hmm...Ready! Set! Go!
I take out all my tools, pick out the colors, get ergonomically situated, and then it hits me. What if I used this instead of these? Maybe this color would look better?  Maybe I should make a bracelet from these beads instead of earrings?! Then I am stuck, staring down at all of my options and don't know where to begin. When I find myself sitting in the middle of all the beads and components, I close my eyes and think about what colors would work together. My mood has a lot to do with what I pick out, maybe even the music playing on the stereo. Either way, once I begin, ideas start flowing to me and my hands cannot move fast enough to produce what my mind is creating!
Whether it is a pair of chandelier earrings , a bead bracelet or a gemstone necklace, I usually feel good once the piece is done. Not always completely satisfied, and sometimes I am not happy with the end results at all. Either I tear it down and start over, or might even throw my hands up and put the beads away for a while. I believe that the jewelry we make and the jewelry we wear shows a bit of who we are. I don't wear all of the styles of jewelry I make, but it doesn't mean I don't like it. Many of my own designs I have created, I am satisfied with, so why not make more? The thing is, one of a kind jewelry is where it's at, so nothing looks the same - ever! Some pieces may look similar in color or design, but rarely will my jewelry ever be duplicated unless specially requested. That is what makes beaded jewelry so special!
My point is, if you ever find yourself sitting in the middle of all your beads and don't have a clue as to what you are going to make, just relax, it will come to you sooner or later...
Happy Beading!

JG Beaded Jewelry offers handcrafted beaded jewelry and unique gifts including beaded earrings, beaded necklaces, beaded bracelets, real bug necklaces& key chains, crystal sun catchers, rear-view mirror crystal decorations, jewelry for men, gift certificates and much more! Enter to win free jewelry from the monthly give away!
JG Beaded Jewelry is on Facebook
- join the page for special offers and updates.

No comments: